Tuesday 13 November 2012

A Good Day

 


Last Saturday I finally received my Quilt that some of my students have made for me, using the techniques that we have covered in the first four of my Patchwork Without Pins classes. 

It was exhibited in The Norfolk Quilters show recently and was a lovely surprise. It is called "The Fruits of our Labour".



And here is the next of my Farmer Wife blocks, Spider's Web.
I was initially stumped as to how to do this one as the segments are not even.
Eventually I drew the block out on paper to size and cut out the two parts to use as patterns. I pieced a couple of strips together and cut out the larger parts then added more dark fabric and cut out the corner segments. Quite wasteful of fabric but an easy way to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather