Saturday 1 December 2012

More Farmer's Wife blocks

I have been testing Gilly's templates today and they are spot-on! I've made both Day and Light and the Fruit Basket which turned out well. I have also had a look at those blocks that have squares on point in them as these are awkward sizes. I found a block with templates to print out on Marcia Hohn's site quilters cache.com called Fiddler's Jig which gives the square, half and quarter square triangles and they printed out to size for 6"blocks. I have used them to make Storm Signal and Checkerboard, and they have worked out fine too.

I have spent most of the day finishing the baby quilt I started yesterday and it just needs the binding stitched down now.

This afternoon I worked on the quilt as you go bag that I'm making with the bright jelly roll I won at quilt group in the draw in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather