Friday 22 February 2013

Peaceful Hours


Peaceful Hours now the children have gone home... but also the name of this beautiful block that Ruth made for me, all hand stitched English paper piecing style, with incredibly tiny stitches.

I have been looking at ways to simplify some of the blocks as the more seams you have the more difficult they are to get the right size.
Marti Michell has some good tips for this and I have cut this Weathervane using some of her suggestions.I photographed the layout as it's a bit tricky. The only thing I would change is to remember to cut the outer light triangles the other way so that there are no bias edges on the outside of the block. However these were cut from small scraps of fabric and that was how they fitted on this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather