Sunday 16 June 2013

Post Card Swap

Here are my "Naked Flowers" postcards. Naked as they are to go through the post without an envelope - well I usually send my cards that way and when I joined the postcard swap, an offshoot of BQL (The British Quilt List) which is free to join, cards were always sent that way. These are made from a 100 year old linen sheet given to me a couple of years ago. It was pink with holes worn in it but was beautifully hand sewn with wide hemstitched hems that were also beautifully hand stitched in the mitred corners. I've included some of the hemstitching on some of the cards. I printed with a thermofax screen bought last year at FOQ in Birmingham, and then added the Periwinkles with a printing block I made. They are FMQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather