Wednesday 4 December 2013

New make.

Here's a picture of what I've been working on over the last couple of days. I found some plastic card holders in the Post Office in the village and thought that they would make good Christmas presents. My good friend Helen made me some great cards with ten different pictures of my quilts.

You need an embroidered or quilted panel to start with (this one given to me by my good friend Jackie), and then attach lining in two pieces leaving open where they would join. You turn through there and insert some card stiffeners, then slip the card holder in.
Card holder 1

Inside no.1
It is a tri-fold with a button and
hand-stitched loop fastener.




The next one is embroidered on some of my hand-dyed linen.

I think I'll make one that says
"I stitch therefore I am"!!

 And here are some of the Mini quilts we made as tree decorations, on display in the Church.
Winterton Quilters Christmas Tree

Tree with wobbly angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather