Tuesday 1 April 2014

Another Top Done Two!

Here is my Serpentine Curves top together at last. I've been working on this for a while. It is more difficult than I thought getting the blocks together as there are issues with which way the turnings need to be pressed so that they nest and make a flatter top; and the edges of the block are stretchy...
Serpentine Curves
I have turned it round and quite like it this way up.
I thought I was making a rectangular quilt but hey ho! it turned out square again.. weird that I always seem to be making square quilts. The blocks are about 7" so now I need to decide: Do I need it any bigger? are borders needed?

I've also had a play with my winning fabrics Houses Drift. These are softly coloured, what is sometimes known among Modern quilters as Low Volume fabrics. I cut some 5" squares and made half square triangles and made about a dozen different arrangements. I added in some soft pink hand dye and this is the arrangement I like best:
ZigZag
It isn't square!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather