Wednesday 21 May 2014

Dyeing.. and Cambridge Botanical Gardens.

Dyed and painted linen.
Well it was desperately pale, so along with some other strips of fabric I threw it in a bucket with some mixed colours of dye, then after rinsing, through a cool machine wash. It looks much better to me and I've pinned it to the design wall for consideration.
I like the idea of using different weights of fabric to give the kind of contrast I think the idea of dislocation needs, but I'm also playing with the idea of dislocation in space with my doorway.

I'm liking it much more now.

Here are some pictures from my trip to Cambridge to the Botanical Gardens. Lots of inspiration in colour combinations and pattern.
Birch bark.

Fir in flower.

Euphorbia.

Speckled Wood Butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather