Wednesday 1 April 2015

Rust, and Granny Squares

I've been playing with some of my rusted fabric, making a needlecase for the wool days at Ickworth in May when one of my friends is manning (or should that be Womanning) a stall for the Embroiderers Guild. Rusted wool is really lovely to stitch into!

Fun to make, a bit of hand stitch onto a scrap of osnaberg - well it is the Embroiderers Guild after all! and rusted damask for the lining, rusted wool outside and in, and some interesting old buttons; stitched by hand while watching the tennis.

And the design wall now looks like this with a full complement of Great Granny squares:
just need sashing and probably cornerstones if I'm going to get it looking square!
I do love these blocks - can't believe I've never made them before... they are a great stash buster if you collect jelly roll strips, or if you have small squares saved up in a box as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather